Mission and Vision
Riverwood International Charter School prepares students to be confident, creative, compassionate global citizens through high expectations for learning, excellence in teaching, seamless curriculum, community service participation, and engagement of parents and community.
The vision of Riverwood International Charter School and the schools in the Riverwood International Cluster is to deliver a challenging curriculum that gives all students the tools needed to be successful, contributing members of our nation and the world. As the leader of our cluster, we embrace our role in this vision as an School. We aim to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
Click here for more information about IB.
Promote academic excellence for our diverse community by:
- Providing a progressive educational community, grades K-12, that includes parent, staff and community collaboration;
- Supporting seamless curriculum transitions between the elementary and middle school and between the middle and high school;
- Enriching the International Studies Magnet and International Baccalaureate programs offered at Riverwood High School;
- Promoting an international focus at the elementary and middle schools
- Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- A rigorous, challenging, integrated (K-12) academic program with high expectations is essential for students to succeed in a global society.
- Education is the responsibility of the entire community working collaboratively.
- All children can learn. They learn in different ways and at different rates.
- Students benefit from opportunities to serve the community, to enhance interpersonal skills, and to promote positive citizenship skills.
- Everyone is entitled to a safe, supportive, and secure learning environment.
- Responsibility and accountability
- Respect for oneself, others and the environment
- Commitment to academic and behavioral excellence
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Respect and understanding of the world’s cultures, ideas and diversity of peoples
- Teaching that actively engages students and provides opportunities for them to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in a variety of ways
- Instruction that is modeled after “best practices” and focused on student learning
- Learning that is standards-based and driven by the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE)