School Governance Council Election Announcement
It's SGC elections season again! SGC Elections are a way for parents and teachers who are elected onto the council to have a role in the vision and direction of the school. To declare or learn more about this process, please visit the SGC Elections page.
It all starts with elections!
- Candidate Declaration Window: February 1 - April 24
- Voting Window: To Be Announced
The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
For problems or questions regarding:
- Logging in to the voting system via your Home Access Center login (Parents/Guardians), please contact your school’s Home Access Center Liaison (click link for list).
Logging in to the voting system via your FCS login (School Employees), please contact the FCS Help Desk at 470-254-4350.
The election processes in general, please contact the Governance & Flexibility team at 470-254-604 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SGC Council Members
- Nereyda Alvarado
- Carl Francois
- Adrienne Grainger Smith
- Tamika Green
- Racquel Plummer
- Nicholas Spears
- Sonya Tate Smith
- Christian Treneka
SGC Meeting Dates
Date Time August 25, 2022 7:15 A.M. September 29, 2022 7:15 A.M. October 27, 2022 7:15 A.M. November 17, 2022 7:15 AM December 15, 2022 7:15 A.M. January 26, 2023 7:45 A.M. February 23, 2023 7:15 A.M March 30, 2023 7:00 A.M. April 27, 2023 7:15 A.M. May 11, 2023 7:15 A.M. Location: Conference Room & Microsoft Teams