Westlake High School is a diverse and prominent institution of learning located in southwest Atlanta, Georgia. We are a suburban high school located in a predominantly middle class community that is accredited by the Georgia Department of Education and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
As a part of the Fulton County School System consolidation plan, Westlake was formed by the closing of Westwood High School and Lakeshore High School. Located at the site of the former Westwood campus, Westlake has risen with the best qualities of the two former schools.
The vision of Westlake High School is to operate as a learning community where students are provided a quality education that enables them to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Westlake High School's overall performance is higher than 80% of schools in the state and is similar to its district.
- Its students' academic growth is higher than 95% of schools in the state and higher than its district.
- Its four-year graduation rate is 92.3%, which is higher than 74% of high schools in the state and higher than its district.
- 53.5% of graduates are college and career-ready.
- Westlake High School is Beating the Odds, meaning that it performs better than similar schools.
Westlake High School has a School Climate Star Rating of 5 Stars
The School Climate Star Rating, calculated by the Georgia Department of Education, is based on a scale of one to five stars. A rating of one star indicates a low school climate score, and a rating of five stars indicates a high school climate score. The rating is based on the following components:
- Climate survey responses from students, parents, and teachers/staff;
- Student discipline;
- Safe and substance-free learning environment;
- Student, teacher, administrator, and staff attendance; and
- Other factors.
General Info2400 Union Road SWAtlanta, Ga 30331(470) 254 - 6400(470) 254 - 6410 fax
Office InfoMain Administrative Office HoursMonday - Friday8:00 AM - 3:30 PMStudent Services HoursMonday - Thursday8:00 AM - 3:30 PMRecords Request(470) 254 - 6415 fax