Media Center Mission Statement
The Fulton County Schools Media and Educational Technology department promotes academic excellence by empowering student and staff to be effective, discriminating users of ideas and information. Additionally, Fulton County Schools Media and Educational Technology Instructors (METIs) assist instructional staff in using technology effectively for differentiating instruction and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students. The Fulton County Schools Media and Educational Technology department facilitates the development of balanced and relevant collections of digital and print resources for teacher and student use. Digital resources are provided for all students that are accessible anytime, anywhere, on any web-enabled computer, laptop, or mobile device.
Media Center Hours
The Woodland Middle School is open from 8:30a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
The Five Roles of the METI
- Collaborates with students and other members of the learning community to determine learning and information needs.
- Collaborates with teachers and administration to design lessons that support information literacy as well as learning across the curriculum.
- Provides leadership and expertise in acquiring and evaluating information resources in all formats.
- Manages all activities of the Media program including budgets, collection development, equipment, promotional activities, and facilities.
- Provides support in facilitating professional learning sessions with school staff to effectively integrate technology and establishs professional learning experiences for the school community to increase knowledge of technology resources and instructional activities.
Fulton County Board policy states that a teacher must have a "clear instructional purpose" for showing a movie. Fulton's full policy is located here.
Videos in the library are for checkout by teachers ONLY.
Lost and Damaged
Lost or damaged books/materials must be paid for. Students with overdue books will not be allowed to checkout books until their bill is paid.