AP MUSIC THEORY EXAM INFORMATION
The AP Music Theory Exam (administered in May) will be composed of parts listed below:
- Section I: Multiple-choice
- Part A. Listening
- Part B. Written
- Section II: Free-response
- Part A. Listening (melodic and harmonic dictation)
- Part B. Written (realize figured bass, realize Roman numerals, harmonize a melody)
- Section III: Sight Singing
*Please remember: Hard work will yield much satisfaction and appreciation
It is imperative that you practice listening drills (intervals, etc..) EVERYDAY to do well on Section I, II, and III.
You must engage daily on written and listening drills to be successful in class as well as on the AP Exam.
Please keep in mind that You WILL NOT be able to "cram" your studies and expect to do well in this class.