The Johns Creek High School Orchestral program, only in its fourth year, has already performed in several prestigious performance venues. Some of the venues include invitational performances at the Georgia Music Educators Association (GMEA) In-Service Conference in Savannah, Georgia (2011), music festival at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida (2011), and the 2012 National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C., for its Centennial Celebration. This year in December, the Johns Creek High School Philharmonia Orchestra performed at the prestigious Midwest Clinic--an International Band and Orchestra Conference in Chicago, Illinois.
The Johns Creek High School Orchestra received the “Community Service Award” twice from the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce (2010 and 2011) for its services to the community. Some of its community-related services include performing at the “Johns Creek Arts on the Creek” and “Annual Korean Fall Festivals.” Several members of the orchestra perform regularly at various assisted living homes in the Atlanta area through a club called “Notes of Joy,” which was founded by two of its own students.
Individual members of the Johns Creek High School Orchestra have participated in the Georgia High School All-State Orchestra, Governor's Honors Program, Fulton County High School Honor Orchestra, Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra, Metropolitan Youth Symphony Orchestra, Ludwig Symphony Orchestra, Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra, and the Emory Youth Symphony Orchestra. The Johns Creek High School Orchestras have received straight "Superior" ratings at the GMEA District V Large Group Evaluation every year since the opening of the school in August 2009.
The orchestra has performed at many other community-related venues, including performances at the malls, assisted living centers, hospitals, churches, schools, company banquets, hotels, weddings, etc...
- Performance at the 66th Midwest Clinic, an Intational Band and Orchestra Conference in Chicago (2012)
- Performance for the National Science teachers Association Regional Conference (2012)
- Performance for the Association for Career and Technical Education Awards Ceremony (2012)
- Performance at the National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C. (2012)
- Invitational performance at the Georgia Music Educators Association In-Service Conference in Savannah, Georgia (2011)
- Performance at the Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida (2011)
- Performance at the Grand Opening of the AdvancED Global Headquarters (2011)
- Performance at the Johns Creek “Arts on the Creek” Festival (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Performance at the “Korean Fall Festival” Celebration (2010, 2011)
- Awarded “Community Service Award” from the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce (2010, 2011)
- Performance at the Fulton County Schools Administrative Staff Meeting for Principals and Superintendent (2010)