Fulton County Schools values and promotes active engagement of the community in all of our schools. Thousands of individuals serve as volunteers in our schools each year. Volunteer opportunities may include:
- Serving as tutors, mentors, or guest speakers
- Providing assistance in classrooms, cafeteria, library, or main office
- Organizing student enrichment and recognition activities
- Supporting special events, athletics, and school planning councils
How do I become a volunteer?
To keep in compliance with State
Law and best practices, for the 2016-2017 school year, we will require that all
persons interested in volunteering in the Fulton County School District to
re-register/register (even if a person has completed an application in the
past) by completing the new online volunteer registration/application process.
Applicants should be prepared to spend about 10-15 minutes for the
training and application process. In accordance with State Law, all
volunteers must be current with the Child Abuse Reporting Protocol Training
before being allowed to volunteer in our schools. It is very important
that volunteers enter their full legal name as it appears on their government issued
ID (please do not use nicknames or “goes by” names on the application).
All applicants must wait 24 hours after applying for application processing and
For additional information about volunteer registration contact Tara Penn at 470-254-7159 or email@example.com.
How do I become a partner?
The school system welcomes and encourages organizations to partner with schools to support student achievement. Organizations desiring to establish partnerships with local schools must first seek approval from the local school principal. Working collaboratively, the organization and local school principal must design the parameters of the partnership and establish goals. Each local school partnership should include:
- Partnership goals for the school and partner organization
- Resources to be provided by the organization and the school
- How the partnership supports school strategic plan initiatives
- A completed Annual Partnership Agreement which includes the signatures of the principal and partner representative
In Fulton, the partnership process has three distinct areas:
- Partners In Education (which can include mentors, guest speakers, volunteers)
- Education Funders (which may include Teacher/Staff Appreciation, materials for school clubs)
To learn more about each of these areas, and to see Best Practices and additional information, click the below links:
FCS Partnerships General Information
Organizations Seeking to Establish Partnerships
Annual Partnership Agreement
When your business, civic group or faith organization partners with the district, a school or a classroom, your contributions of time, talent or financial support help Fulton County Schools achieve its goal to ensure all students are successful. For questions specific to partnerships in Fulton, contact Daphne Ellison, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information on how you can get involved.
Our Events (click logos for more information)