Fulton County School Nutrition joins the Georgia Department of Education’s new state-wide initiative to Shake It Up in School Nutrition, which our district’s own Chef William Sloan has played a key role in developing. The initiative was created to enhance the flavor and improve the perception of school meals by focusing on three key areas:
tasty meals, friendly cafes and happy schools.
Fulton County School Nutrition Program pledged gold for all 95 schools as a commitment to strengthen the image and value of school food. The initiative was founded in partnership with the Georgia State Board of Education.The goal is to showcase school nutrition programs going above and beyond and to encourage schools to strive to be their best.
With this pledge, the Fulton County School Nutrition Program makes a commitment to:
- Strive for excellence and positive change
- Build relationships with students and our community
- Advance and enhance school food quality and taste
- Promote school food as tasty and nutritious
- Provide quality service and care to all stakeholders
- Maintain highest standards of food service and cleanliness