Fulton County School Nutrition Program meals are kid-friendly and nutritionally sound. Menus and standardized recipes are planned by registered dietitians and certified school nutrition experts to meet healthier meal requirements, as part of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act.
Meal pattern standards, based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, include:
• Limiting calories based on age to ensure proper portion size
• Ensuring students select a fruit or vegetable serving with every meal
• Increasing the offerings of whole grain-rich foods
• Offering only skim and 1% milk choices
• Restricting saturated fat, trans fat and sodium