We appreciate your interest in becoming a Substitute Employee with Fulton County Schools. The office of Substitute Services supports continuity in the learning process by timely placing substitute employees when the regular employees (teacher, paraprofessional, clerical or clinic assistant) must be absent.
- Substitute Teacher: High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred. (Transcript must reflect hours completed and Grade Point Average). All foreign transcripts must be equivocated, through an approved agency.
- Substitute Paraprofessional/Clerical/Clinic Assistant: High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's Degree preferred. (Transcripts must reflect hours completed and Grade Point Average)
- All applicants must have a telephone with a local area code - 404, 470, 678, or 770 required.
- Completion of the online Substitute Training Course ($39.95 fee) with a composite passing score of 80%. If you have a valid current teaching certificate, you are exempt from taking the online Substitute Training Course; however, you MUST upload a copy of your valid current teaching certificate to your application.
STEPS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR SUBSTITUTE EMPLOYMENT
To ensure that your application is given careful and timely consideration, you will need to follow the instructions below. Your application will not be considered for employment until you have completed the following steps.
1. Online Substitute Training Course:
The Substitute Online Training Course is $39.95 per person and can be purchased online with a Visa or MasterCard. The course is designed by Utah State University Substitute Teaching Institute and delivered by STEDI.org. You must complete the online Substitute Training Course with a composite passing score of 80%. You will be required to upload the SubDiploma to your Fulton County School application. If you have a valid current teaching certificate, you are exempt from taking the on-line Substitute Training Course; however, you MUST upload a copy of your valid teaching certificate to your Fulton County School Application.
Click the logo for more information regarding the online training course.
2. Substitute Application:
(We do not accept any paper documents - upload documents)
All applicants must complete a Fulton County School System application. You must upload all the required documents before your application is considered complete. Your application will not be considered for employment until it is complete.
Click here to access your application instructions.
Once your application has been approved, you will be scheduled to attend a substitute orientation and onboarding session for hiring.