Pathways to Become a Teacher
We have created four main pathways to become a teacher with us. We hire high quality teachers who have years of experience, have changed careers, successfully completed an alternative teacher preparation program, or graduated from an accredited College of Education. If you are committed to enhancing the lives of children and contributing to their academic success, then you are the ideal teacher for Fulton!
To apply for a teaching position you MUST meet the following initial eligibility requirements:
1. Hold a bachelor's degree (2.5 GPA or higher)
2. Pass the Program Admission Assessment or meet an exemption
3. Have a passing score on a GACE content assessment for area/subjects taught or hold a degree in a relevant 6 -12 subject area
4. Pass the Georgia Professional Standards Commission Educator Ethics Program Entry Exam (GACE Test Code 350)
5. Garner a Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) Certification
In addition, as Georgia's largest Charter System, Fulton County Schools has developed several flexible pathways to teaching in Fulton which increases the ways you can tap into your deep prior experience to change the lives of our students. Read more below about Fulton's four main pathways to an exciting and fulfilling teaching career.
Join our team of highly effective teachers!
Recent College of Education Graduates or Veteran Teachers
Prospective S.T.E.M., Career Tech, or Other Specialized Content Teachers without Certification