Board Briefs – September 20, 2012, Board Meeting
All board members were present for the September 20 board meeting at Dunwoody Springs Elementary School. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board heard from citizens and/or employees during the public comment session.
Presentations were given on the following topics:
· School Governance Council Update
· State Standardized Testing Update
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
The board took action on the following agenda items. Those indicated as first reading, second reading, tabled, etc., are still under discussion by the school board with action planned at a later meeting.
Following executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board took action on legal and personnel items, including the personnel report.
· Ebony Allen, from Instructional Coach/Jacksonville, Fla., to Assistant Principal at North Springs Charter HS
· LaToya Thomas-Miley, from Data Support Specialist/Northwest Learning Community, to Assistant Principal at Northview HS
· Mary Ann Bush, Assistant Principal at River Trail MS (retirement eff. 11/30/12)
· Field Trip Reports for September 2012
· Employee Travel Report for September 2012
· Contracting Report for September 2012 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions
· 2012 ACT Results