Board Briefs – September 19, 2013, Board Meeting
Board President Linda Schultz and members Linda McCain, Linda Bryant, Julia Bernath, Gail Dean, and Catherine Maddox were present for the September 19, 2013, meeting at Dunwoody Springs Elementary School. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board heard from citizens and/or employees during the public comment session.
The school board voted to approve a contract extension for Superintendent Avossa.
Superintendent Avossa presented the following updates:
· Spring 2013 State Assessment Update and Performance Overview
· District Survey Results
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
The board took action on the following agenda items. Those indicated as first reading, second reading, tabled, etc., are still under discussion by the school board with action planned at a later meeting.
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Tasha Guadalupe, from Teacher/Gwinnett Co. Schools, to Coordinator/Health & P.E.
· Rebecca Perkins, from Teacher at Alpharetta HS, to Assistant Principal at Alpharetta HS
· Jacinta Toliver, from Instructional Support Teacher/Flat Shoals Center, to Assistant Principal at Campbell ES
· Kathy Brown, Coordinator of School Nutrition
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports September 2013
· Employee Travel Report for September 2013
· Contracting Report for September 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions
· Spring 2013 Criterion Referenced Competency Tests (CRCT) Results
· Spring 2013 End of Course Test (EOCT) Results
· Grade 5 Writing Assessment 2013 Results
· Middle Grades Writing Assessment (MGWA) 2013 Results
· Race to the Top - District (RTT-D) Grant