Board Briefs – September 11, 2012, Work Session
All board members were present for the September 11, 2012, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topic:
· Performance Management
· Emergency Response Preparedness
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Susan Simpson, from Senior Program Manager/Rosser International, to Coordinator of Engineering
· Paul Walker, from Senior Associate/Brookwood Group, to Coordinator of Architecture
· Dale Becker, Assistant Principal at Northwestern MS (resignation eff. 9/30/12)
· Vincent Haywood, Assistant Principal at Alpharetta HS (resignation eff. 9/6/12)
· Camisha Perry, Assistant Principal at Feldwood ES (resignation eff. 9/14/12)
· Kathryn Politis, Director of Instructional Technology (retirement eff. 11/30/12)
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports for September 2012
· Employee Travel Report for September 2012
· Contracting Report for September 2012 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions
· 2012 ACT Results