Board Briefs – September 10, 2013, Work Session
All members were present for the September 10, 2013, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topic:
· Strategic Initiative Management Quarterly Update
· Seed Fund
· School Counseling Update
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Approved Science and Math Supplements Grant
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Valerie Andrews, from Principal/Durham Public Schools, to Principal of Sandtown MS
· Theresa Thornton, from Georgia Regional Transit Authority, to Treasurer/Finance
· Jessica Booth, Coordinator of Fine Arts
· Michael Davis, Executive Director of Talent Management
· Joseph Hart, Assistant Principal of River Trail MS
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports September 2013
· Employee Travel Report for September 2013
· Contracting Report for September 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions