Board Briefs – October 9, 2012, Work Session
Board Vice President Linda Bryant and members Julia Bernath, Gail Dean, Catherine Maddox, Linda McCain and Katie Reeves were present for the October 9, 2012, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topic:
· Construction Update
· Budget Accountability Report (BAR)
· The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Korynn Schooley, from School Governance Manager, to Director of Governance & Flexibility
· Paul Cook, Assistant Principal at Renaissance ES (resignation eff. 10/8/12)
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports for October 2012
· Employee Travel Report for October 2012
· Contracting Report for October 2012 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions