Board Briefs – October 18, 2012, Board Meeting
Board President Linda Schultz and members Julia Bernath, Gail Dean, Catherine Maddox and Linda McCain were present for the October 18, 2012 board meeting at Dunwoody Springs Elementary School. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
The board took action on the following agenda items. Those indicated as first reading, second reading, tabled, etc., are still under discussion by the school board with action planned at a later meeting.
Following executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board took action on legal and personnel items, including the personnel report.
· Tammy Jones, from IT Project Manager/University of Alabama, to Program Manager/Information Technology
· Denise Brown, from Data Support Specialist/Title I, to Assistant Principal at Feldwood ES
· David Knotts, from Coordinator of Land Management, to Director of Land Management
· Mia Thacker, from PA III/Information Technology, to Project Manager/Information Technology
· Field Trip Reports for October 2012
· Employee Travel Report for October 2012
· Contracting Report for October 2012 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions