Board Briefs – October 15, 2013, Board Meeting
Board President Linda Schultz, Vice President Linda McCain and members Linda Bryant, Gail Dean and Catherine Maddox were present for the October 15, 2013, board work meeting at Dunwoody Springs Elementary School. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board heard from citizens and/or employees during the public comment session.
The school also held a hearing to allow public comment regarding the district’s intent to move forward with eminent domain proceedings to acquire property for a new elementary school in Sandy Springs.
· Legislative Priorities
Superintendent Avossa presented the following update:
· High School Assessment Update
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
The board took action on the following agenda items. Those indicated as first reading, second reading, tabled, etc., are still under discussion by the school board with action planned at a later meeting.
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following change:
· Senetra Haywood, from Principal/Director of CTE in Glynn County Schools, to Executive Director of Career and Technical Education
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports - October 2013
· Employee Travel Report for October 2013
· Contracting Report for October 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions
· 2013 ACT Results
· 2013 SAT Results
· 2013 Advanced Placement Results