Board Briefs – November 15, 2012, Board Meeting
All Board members were present for the November 15, 2012 board meeting at Dunwoody Springs Elementary School. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board received an update on the district's charter department's strategic plan.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
The board took action on the following agenda items. Those indicated as first reading, second reading, tabled, etc., are still under discussion by the school board with action planned at a later meeting.
Following executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board took action on legal and personnel items, including the personnel report.
· Nashette Garrett, from Administrator, Office of Transformation/Wake County Schools, to Assistant Principal at Northwestern MS
· Dynasti Hunt, from Director of Human Resources/Kansas City Public Schools, to Director of Human Resources
· Mari Early, from Assistant Principal at Evoline C. West ES, to Principal of Harriet Tubman ES
· Jillian Harris, from Teacher at Riverwood International Charter School, to Assistant Principal at that school
· Katherine Conner, Assistant Principal at Westlake HS
· Field Trips For November 2012
· Employee Travel Report for November 2012
· Contracting Report for November 2012 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions
· 2012 AP Results