Board Briefs – November 12, 2013, Work Session
All school board members were present for the November 12, 2013, work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topics:
· The Impact of Humanities in Fulton County Schools
· CRCT Instructional Readiness Indicators
· Balanced Scorecard Update
Approved Georgia Fund One (GF1) Resolution/Qualified School Construction Bond (QSCB) Account
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board heard from citizens and/or employees during the public comment session.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Vijay Purugulla, from Science Teacher/Cherokee County Schools, to Assistant Principal at Northview HS
· Tyrone Riley, from Tech Consultant/Reascent Consulting, to Executive Director of Infrastructure Management
· Tiffany Martin, from Program Specialist/Exceptional Children, to Compliance Coordinator
· Arthur Mills, from Director of Project Manangement, to Executive Director of Talent Management
· David Mashburn, Centennial HS assistant principal
· Josh Shapiro, Alpharetta HS assistant principal
· Jacqueline Sparks, Compliance Coordinator
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports November 2013
· Employee Travel Report for November 2013 · Contracting Report for November 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions