Board Briefs – May 7, 2013, Work Session
All board members were present for the May 7, 2013, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topics:
· School Quality Review (SQR) Update
· Professional Learning Update
· Heards Ferry ES/Riverwood HS Site Redevelopment Analysis
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board heard from concerned employees and citizens during its public comment session.
A hearing was held on the FY 2014 proposed budget.
Superintendent Avossa shared information about the Georgia Department of Education’s new College and Career Readiness Performance Index.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session, the board approved items relating to land, legal and/or personnel.
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports for May 2013
· Employee Travel Report for May 2013
· Contracting Report for May 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999
· 5th Grade Writing Scores