Board Briefs – June 4, 2013, Work Session
All board members were present for the June 4, 2013, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topics:
· Strategic Initiative Management Quarterly Update
· Charter System Update
· FY2014 Annual Audit Plan
Board member Catherine Maddox was selected to serve as the school board’s representative to the Pension Board.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Approved Appointment of the Pension Board
Approved Pension Board Contract Ratification
Approved Banking Resolution - Fulton County Schools Pension Fund
Approved Final Approval of FY 2014 Budget
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session, the board approved items relating to land, legal and/or personnel, including the following changes:
· Charles Amica, from assistant principal in Cobb County Schools, to assistant principal at Riverwood HS
· Andy Allison, from assistant principal at Alpharetta ES, to assistant principal at Northwestern MS
· Amy Penn, from coordinator of Exceptional Children, to director of Exceptional Children
· Monica In, assistant principal at Creek View ES (resignation)
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Employee Travel Report for June 2013
· Contracting Report for June 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999
· Field Trip Reports for June 2013