Board Briefs – June 11, 2013, Board Meeting
Board President Linda Schultz, Vice President Linda McCain and members Julia Bernath, Gail Dean, Catherine Maddox and Katie Reeves were present for the June 11, 2013 board meeting at Dunwoody Springs Elementary School. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board heard from concerned employees and citizens during its public comment session.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session, the board approved items relating to land, legal and/or personnel, including the following changes:
· Pammy Darden, from assistant principal/DeKalb County Schools, to principal of Paul D. West MS
· Felipe Jackson, from principal/Baltimore City Schools, to principal of Gullatt ES
· Krista Hinton, from principal consultant/Illinois Board of Education, to coordinator of Exceptional Children
· Tosha Oliver, from curriculum writer/DeKalb County Schools, to assistant principal at Westlake HS
· Becky Patterson, from education manager K-12 of the College Board Southern Regional Office, to STEM director
· LaKeisha Griffith, administrative assistant/DeKalb County Schools, to assistant principal at Banneker HS
· Lisa Bracken, from analyst III/Budget, to director/Budget
· Marvin Dereef, from executive director/Budget, to Deputy Chief Financial Officer/Finance
· Jacqueline Bowens, assistant principal at Palmetto ES, to principal of Palmetto ES
· Nathifa Carmichael, from program specialist/Talent Management, to coordinator of Talent Acquisition
· Shelia Connell, from instructional support teacher/Northwest LC, to coordinator of Exceptional Children
· Kedra Fairweather, from Student Behavior program specialist/Northwest LC, to asst. principal at Westlake HS
· Charles Gardner, from assistant principal at North Springs HS, to principal of McClarin HS
· Michael LeMoyne, from assistant principal at Alpharetta HS, to principal of Hopewell MS
· Bridgette Marques, from curriculum support teacher at Ocee ES, to assistant principal at Barnwell ES
· Priscilla Matthews, from program specialist/Northeast LC, to assistant principal at Centennial HS
· Tara McGee, from assistant principal at Medlock Bridge ES, to principal of Lake Windward ES
· Cresida Moore, from STEM program specialist, to assistant principal at Creekside HS
· Latrina Coxton, from compliance coordinator, to assistant principal at Randolph ES
· Lenora Patterson, principal at Hopewell MS (resignation)
· Gregory Thoms, assistant principal at McNair MS (resignation)
· Field Trip Report for June 2013
· Employee Travel Report for June 2013
· Contracting Report for June 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999