Board Briefs – January 8, 2013, Work Session
All board members were present for the January 8, 2013, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topics:
· Learning Community Update
· Technology Pilot Update
· Charter System Update
· Review of the Proposed School Consolidation / Redistricting Plan
ELECTION OF BOARD OFFICERS
Linda Schultz was re-elected president of the Fulton County Board of Education to another two-year term. Linda McCain was elected to a one-year term as vice president.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Erica McMullen, from HR Specialist/Penske Auto, to HR Director/Central Office
· Alisha Jones, from Curriculum Support Teacher at Bethune ES, to Assistant Principal at Sandy Springs MS
· Earleana Smith, from Teacher at Tubman ES, to Assistant Principal at Mimosa ES
· Steven Miletto, principal at Centennial HS
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports for January 2013
· Employee Travel Report for January 2013
· Report for January 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions