Board Briefs – January 17, 2013, Board Meeting
All Board members were present for the January 17, 2013 board meeting at Dunwoody Springs Elementary School. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
Two people spoke during the board’s public comment session.
The board approved Legislative Resolution 13-01.
A report was heard from the National Association of Charter School Authorizers.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
The board took action on the following agenda items. Those indicated as first reading, second reading, tabled, etc., are still under discussion by the school board with action planned at a later meeting.
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Joshua Dove, from Assessment Development Manager, to Assistant Principal at Evoline C. West ES
· Arthur J. Robinson, Assistant Principal at Hopewell MS
· Christopher Triolo, Principal at Riverwood International Charter School
· Field Trip Reports for January 2013
· Employee Travel Report for January 2013
· Contracting Report for January 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions