Board Briefs – February 21, 2013, Board Meeting
All Board members were present for the February 21, 2013 board meeting at Dunwoody Springs Elementary School. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
A report was heard on the College and Career Readiness Performance Index.
The board held a public hearing on the proposed closure of Mt. Olive, Oak Knoll, and Harriet Tubman elementary schools.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
The board took action on the following agenda items. Those indicated as first reading, second reading, tabled, etc., are still under discussion by the school board with action planned at a later meeting.
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Taylor Barton, from Teacher at Elkins Pointe MS, to Assistant Principal at Hopewell MS
· Field Trip Reports for February 2013
· Employee Travel Report for February 2013
· Contracting Report for February 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions