Board Briefs – December 4, 2012, Work Session
All board members were present for the December 4, 2012, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topic:
· FY2014 Budget Development Process
· Strategic Initiative Management
· Instructional Improvement System Update
· College Park Replacement Elementary School Site and Building Design Review
Board member Linda Bryant was sworn in to a four-year term.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
One person signed up to speak during public comment.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Approved Fulton Science Academy High School (FSAHS) – Initiation of Termination Proceedings
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Cherisse Campbell, from teacher at Roswell HS, to assistant principal at Woodland MS
· Sabrina Taylor, from data support specialist/Title I, to assistant principal at Sandy Springs MS
· Jennifer Warfel, from ELA specialist/Title I, to assistant principal at Harriet Tubman ES
· Terry Miller, assistant principal at Hembree Springs ES (retirement)
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports for December 2012
· Employee Travel Report for December 2012
· Contracting Report for December 2012 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions