Board Briefs – December 3, 2013, Work Session
All school board members were present for the December 3, 2013, work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topics:
· Strategic Initiative Management Quarterly Update
· Current Choices for Customized Learning
· Senate Bill 160 (Act 27)
· Pencil Charts presentation
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board heard from citizens and/or employees during the public comment session.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following change:
· Christine Young, Spalding Drive Charter ES principal (retirement eff. 3/31/13)
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· December 2013 Field Trip Reports
· Employee Travel Report for December 2013
· Contracting Report for December 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions