Board Briefs – March 12, 2013, Work Session
All board members were present for the March 12, 2013, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topics:
· 2013 Strategic Initiative Management Quarterly Update
· Fundraising Strategic Plan - Grant Development
· Continuous Achievement
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board heard from citizens and/or employees during the public comment session.
The board held a public hearing regarding proposed pension legislative changes.
The board approved Catherine Maddox as a legislative delegate for the Georgia School Boards Association summer conference. Linda Bryant was selected as an alternate.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Approved RFP 402-13, Roswell North ES Mechanical Upgrade
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Lisa McDermott, from Program Specialist/Humanities, to Coordinator/Professional Learning
· Godfrey Noe, from Director of Institutional Effectiveness & Research, to Director of Data Warehouse & Enterprise Architecture
· Constance Coles, Principal of Esther Jackson ES (retirement eff. 6/1/13)
· Thomas Munn, Director of Exceptional Children (resig. eff. 3/15/13)
· Lisa Stueve, Principal of North Springs Charter HS (resig. eff. 6/1/13)
· Angelo Umoh, Assistant Principal of Ridgeview Charter MS (retirement eff. 6/1/13)
· David Vode, Assistant Principal at Barnwell ES (resig. eff. 6/30/13)
· Maureen Wheeler, Principal of Renaissance MS (resig. eff. 6/30/13)
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports for March 2013
· Employee Travel Report for March 2013
· Contracting Report for March 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999