Board Briefs – August 14, 2012, Work Session
Board Vice President Linda Bryant and members Julia Bernath, Gail Dean, Catherine Maddox, Linda McCain and Katie Reeves for the August 14, 2012, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topic:
· First Day of School Update
· District Survey Results
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Approved World Languages - AP Latin New Testbook Proposal – 2012-2013
Approved World Languages - New Textbook Proposal - 2012-2013
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Kirk Balcom, from Director of Human Resources/Aimco, to Director of Human Resources
· Weldon Williams, from Assistant Principal with Propel Public Schools/Penn., to Assistant Principal at Creekside HS
· Kibbey Crumbley, from Assistant Principal at Northview HS, to Executive Manager/Superintendent’s Office
· Felisa Ford, Assistant Principal at Creekside HS
· Jason Stamper, Assistant Principal at Tri-Cities HS
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports for August 2012
· Employee Travel Report for July-August 2012
· Contracting Report for August 2012 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions