Board Briefs – August 23, 2012, Board Meeting
Board President Linda Schultz and members Julia Bernath, Catherine Maddox, Linda McCain and Katie Reeves were present for the August 23, 2012, meeting at Dunwoody Springs Elementary School. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
The board heard from citizens and/or employees during the public comment session.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
The board took action on the following agenda items. Those indicated as first reading, second reading, tabled, etc., are still under discussion by the school board with action planned at a later meeting.
Following executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board took action on legal and personnel items, including the personnel report.
· Sherry Weidman, from Teacher in Cobb County Schools, to Coordinator of Advanced Studies
· Gregory Middleton, Tubman Elementary School principal (resignation eff. 8/31/12)
· Kay Walker, Sandy Springs Charter Middle School principal (retirement eff. TBD)
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports for August 2012
· Employee Travel Report for July-August 2012
· Contracting Report for August 2012 for Items Between $25,000 and $100,000
· Change Order Report for Errors, Omissions and Unforeseen Conditions