Board Briefs – August 13, 2013, Work Session
Board President Linda Schultz, Vice President Linda McCain and members Julia Bernath, Gail Dean, Catherine Maddox and Katie Reeves for the August 13, 2013, board work session at the school system's Administrative Center. Board discussion and action items are posted on the BoardDocs web site.
The meeting was videotaped and audiotaped, and files can be accessed by going to the Board Meetings Videostreaming web site.
The school board heard presentations on the following workshop topic:
· First Day of School Update
· FultonConnect Update
Outstanding students, staff and/or schools were honored for state, national or international awards.
AGENDA ITEMS AND ACTIONS
Approved Banking Resolutions
Executive Session. After meeting in executive session to discuss land, legal and/or personnel items, the board approved the personnel report, including the following changes:
· Jarvis Adams, from Teacher in DeKalb County Schools, to Assistant Principal at Westlake HS
· Rashida Armstrong, from Administrative Assistant at Renaissance MS, to Assistant Principal at Haynes Bridge MS
· Carrie Porter, from Graduation Coach at Crabapple MS, to Assistant Principal at Northwestern MS
· Clifford Dixon, Assistant Principal at Cambridge MS
· Daniel Gillette, Coordinator of Broadcast & Video
· Brent McBride, Principal of Heards Ferry ES
· Amy Moss, Assistant Principal at Alpharetta HS
· Jerome Stevenson, Assistant Principal at Westlake HS
INFORMATION REPORTS TO THE BOARD
· Field Trip Reports August 2013
· Employee Travel Report for July-August 2013
· Contracting Report for August 2013 for Items Between $25,000 and $99,999