The Interscholastic Activity Program in Fulton County Schools (FCS) is an important part of the educational process. The program in Fulton County Schools strives to produce well-rounded student athletes. It provides opportunities for learning experiences in athletics which are difficult to duplicate and replicate in other school activities.
The athletic office of Fulton County Schools strives to support the students, principals, and athletic directors located at each high school. This office is the primary contact for the Georgia High School Association (GHSA), and the office serves as the compliance director for Title IX.
Student athletes in FCS learn what is called the Hidden Curriculum of participation in extracurricular activities. The Hidden Curriculum teaches the importance of team-work, time management, cooperation, self- discipline, ability to deal with success and failure, loyalty, pride in their communities, and good sportsmanship. Participation in the Interscholastic Activity Program is entirely voluntary.
- Supports all athletic programs located in the 15 high schools participating in GHSA sports.
- Serves as the Gender Equity Compliance officer for the school district.
- Facilitates the payment of all community coaches for the district.
- Manages the payment of all gate workers, ticket holders, and game managers.
- Coordinates and approves all athletic field trips for the district.
- Schedules ambulance coverage for all football games.
- Serves as the primary contact for the NCAA eligibility center.
- Provides professional development and training for all school athletic directors.
- Assists in the recruitment and interviewing of head coaching candidates.
- Serves as the primary support for the high school principals and local school athletic directors with any athletic issues.
- Responds to public/parent concerns regarding athletics for the district and the GHSA.
- Attends games and athletic events as a representative for FCS.
- Serves as the primary contact for the GHSA.
- Ensures all high schools remain in compliance with FCS and GHSA policies and procedures.
Fulton County advanced 2 football teams to the 3rd round of state playoffs
Schedule for Friday 11/24/17:
Coffee County @ Alpharetta 7:30
Hapeville @ Benedictine 7:30
GHSA Competition Cheerleading
Milton wins Co-Ed State Champions
Fulton County Schools Signs over 45 Student Athletes to Colleges Across the Nation for Early Signing Day on November 8, 2017
Amarra Anderson – volleyball - Troy University
Bailey Hawkins – lacrosse - University of Colorado
Ally Schnetzka – lacrosse - Furman University
Landyn White – lacrosse - UCONN
Hanna Giddings - tennis - UNC-Greensboro
Taylor Green – softball - Arkansas
Nick Ganem – lacrosse - Furman University
Noland Deas - swim/dive - Alabama
Shekinah Guthrie - basketball - Florida Gulf Coast
Ben Shealy - lacrosse - North Greenville University
Samantha Richards – softball - Valdosta State
Samantha Kicklighter – softball - North Greenville
Chaz Bertolani – baseball - Lipscomb University
Crystal Childs – volleyball - Clemson University
Alison Durrence - softball - Appalachian State University
Matt Gravely – baseball - Davidson College
Tracey Loeffler - rowing - Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Caroline Mohler - volleyball - Davidson College
Kyle Sendobry - lacrosse - Rochester Institute of Technology
Ryan Showfety - swim - University of North Florida
Tatum Smith - swim - University of Georgia
Erin Williamson - volleyball - University of Arizona
Landers Nolley II – basketball - Virginia Tech
Drew Hamrock – baseball - Virginia
Ben Harris - baseball - Virginia
Luc Scudellari – baseball - Georgia College
Chandler Woolridge – baseball - Wofford
Lexie Morton – lacrosse – University of Florida
Jack Dubois – swim - Missouri
Nicholas Yanek – cross country/track – University of Georgia
Sam Bowers – cross country/track – University of Georgia
Michael Malkowski – cross country/track – University of Georgia
Phil Jones – golf - Furman
Jayda Drake-Howard - track– University of Central Florida
Vanessa Streng – tennis – Northwestern
Michael Trautwein – baseball – Northwestern
Griffin Brown - baseball - Pensacola State
Elizabeth Goines - tennis - Georgia Southern
Kennedy Lewis - track - Howard
Emma Scheider – swim - University of South Carolina
Zoe Antona – lacrosse - University of Cincinnati
Chesslyn Lamar – lacrosse - Kennesaw State University
Caroline Copenhaver– lacrosse - Reinhardt University
Austin Hunter - baseball - Belmont-Abbey College, NC
Camryn Bossinas – volleyball - Florida Gulf Coast University
Grant Palmer – lacrosse - Arcadia University, PA
GHSA Cross Country State Championships
The Cambridge Boys and Girls won the 6A Cross Country State Championship
The Milton Boys won the 7A State Championship
Milton's Sam Bowers won the overall individual state championship for the 2nd year in a row
The Milton Girls finished 3rd in the 7A state championships