College Park is the new, three-story elementary school prototype designed for the Fulton County Board of Education. This prototype was developed to specifically address the limited availability of large flat parcels within the county. This design is structured to fit on existing sites with a sloping topography. The compact plan of this prototype offers the same programmatic spaces and site amenities found in all the other Fulton County Elementary School prototypes but within the constraints of a smaller footprint.
The school is organized in a linear east-west direction with K-5 classrooms stacked within the west wing and core functions- Media Center, Music, Gymnasium, Cafetorium and Administrative Suites- stacked at the east end of the building. This stacking organization creates a vertical column of core spaces which can be isolated from the classroom spaces for after-school and community functions.
The simple linear organization makes the layout of the school less confusing to young children and provides good visual observation for administration and staff. This organization of the school is designed to assure natural light within the corridors and within each classroom.
The exterior brick veneer and cast stone trim provide excellent long-term durability against the effects of weather and assure the community of a building that is low in maintenance and one that will keep its finished appearance a long time after the project is completed.
• Total Site Area + 17.65 Acres
• Cabinets and a Sink in Every Classroom
•Windows w/ Thermal Glazing to the Exterior at every Typical Classroom
• Individual Toilet Rooms for Kindergarten and First Grade
• Building Size - 126,612 S.F. to support an FTE of 850
• 5 Toilet Batteries Plus Visitor Toilets with a core designed to allow expansion to an FTE of 1000
• Steel Frame Structure with Brick Veneer Exterior
• Energy Efficient HVAC with Individual Control at Each Classroom
• 42 Regular Classrooms
• Fully Air Conditioned building
• 14 Special Purpose Classrooms which include
• Cafetorium and Music Suite with Performance Area and Specialized computer classroom Full Kitchen
• Media Center
• A large Grassed Play Area for a Total of 2.0 Acres
• Covered Entries at the Bus Loading and Parent Pick-Up
• 3 Age Appropriate Exterior Play Structures
• Combination Metal Roof with Modified Bitumen Roof