Space Standards for Educational Facilities Community Dialogue
"To build the schools of tomorrow, we need you today"
Over the past several months, district staff has engaged teachers, principals, parents, and community members in an effort to revise the standards we use when designing new schools and renovating older schools. This effort is the first step in developing a 2017 – 2022 capital plan.
In mid-September, the Fulton County Schools will host several community dialogues to gather feedback on design options for education facilities.
- Monday, September 14, 6:45 pm - Sandtown MS (South)
- Monday, September 14, 7:00 pm – Milton HS (Northwest)
- Tuesday, September 15, 7:00 pm - Chattahoochee HS (Northeast)
- Tuesday, September 15, 6:30 pm – Paul D. West (Central)
- Wednesday, September 16, 7:00 pm – Roswell HS (Northwest)
- Wednesday, September 16, 6:30 pm – Dunwoody Springs ES (Central)
The purpose of these meetings are to gain the communities feedback on revisions to these standards as well as their thoughts about how to create facilities that support a personalized learning environment for the 21st century.
All parents, teachers, students, business owners and community members are encouraged to participate. District staff will be in attendance. The sessions will be led by our consultants on this effort, DeJong-Richter.
Educational Space Standards Presentation
Educational Space Standards Questionnaire (English)
Educational Space Standards Questionnaire (Spanish)