There are multiple ways for our students to make up classes. Please read the following Board Policy, and click on the choices below for a more detailed explanation of how a student can make up a class.
Students should be scheduled for courses at their local school, rather than an online course. The following will be considered valid reasons for not taking the course at the local school:
· The desired course is not offered.
· A student has failed a class and cannot recover credit and meet four year plan goals.
· A student is requesting credit for a course that is not necessary for graduation and exceeds the four year plan.
· A student needs to free up their schedule to take a required course or a specialized course or a specialized course not offered online and/or fitting into the student’s schedule. (For example: Career & Technical Education courses, Advanced Placement courses, etc.)
When local school approval is granted for students to enroll in online courses, the following preferences should be applied:
· First preference should be given to a Fulton County Schools (FCS) Virtual Campus course.
· If no FCS Virtual Campus course is offered, second preference should be given to a Georgia Virtual School course.
· If the student requires a class that cannot be taken from his local school, the FCS Virtual Campus, or the GA Virtual School; he may request approval to register for a course offered by an alternative source, provided that the source and specific course have been approved by the office responsible for secondary curriculum and instruction. (Please contact your local School Counseling Department for additional information).
" School Counselors ...Helping Leaders of Tomorrow Begin Their Success Today"